Monday, March 10, 2014

When the parents came to visit....

Sorry it's been ages since my last post. My parents were visiting over the last few weeks and we had an amazing but very busy time of meeting lots of people, seeing lots of different places, eating a lot of Brazilian food and translating a lot between English and Portuguese! Here are some highlights of our time together.

Taking them to Porta Larga and church to meet lots of amazing children and teenagers!



Giving them a taste of Brazilian dancing (including me and my Mum and my Brazilian Mum taking part in a massively energetic Frevo class!)


A week's holiday on an island called Fernando de Noronha where we had a really lovely time relaxing on the beach, swimming with turtles and sharks (!) and generally catching up.




My Parents getting to know my Brazilian family and travelling with them, including late night dominoes, Anchorman 2 at the cinema and lots of yummy food!





It was really lovely to have them here and be able to give them a taste of my life here in Recife. Introducing them to everyone also made me realise just how much God has provided for me with the amazing people he has put around me. 

Since my parents went home life has stayed pretty busy with various birthday parties (including the most incredible 1 year old's party ever, featuring a three tier cake, 2 roller coasters, a 4D cinema, a bowling alley, a nightclub and some mickey mouse shaped pizzas, I kid you not.) This morning I was back at the project in Barra running an art lesson based around Jacob's ladder (Genesis 28:10-17).

"I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you."

What a huge privilege to get to serve such a faithful God and to share what he's doing in my life with my parents over these last few weeks :)

I hope you are well and that this Lent is a really fruitful and special time for you all, 

I'll leave you with the video my Brazilian Dad made of my parents goodbye at the airport! Lots of love xxxx




No comments:

Post a Comment